Thursday, February 23, 2012

YouTube, Us tube

We have a class YouTube channel to post our videos on. We use it because it is faster to load our webpages if we post them to YouTube then embed them. I used to have a private channel but my students wanted to find their projects without having to go through the webpage. So now the channel is public but any comments need to be approved by me before they are added. They like to comment on other's work and parents want to add their encouragement. Our school is not identified so they remain anonymous to the outside world.

http://bit.ly/ADtR19

It also gives them a sense of importance and they are always excited to share their work. So far they have legends and novel study videos posted and are eager to make more. It would be nice to have a more public forum for them to post their books as well. They want to embed them in their webpage.

What we need is an app to create public bookcases for students to share with.

2 comments:

  1. I love your QR kids, they are very creative! I have used QR codes in my class as well. We have used them for research, to find answers to riddles and scavenger hunts! Thanks for the link to your web page. My class would love it if you checked out our page at mrstsgrade3s.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete